HLC have been successfully awarded a ESF Community Grants 5 programme 2019-2021
What are Community Grants?
The programme is part of the European Social Fund (ESF) which is distributing small grants in the Humber, East Riding, York and North Yorkshire regions.
The aims of the funds are to help unemployed or economically inactive people progress towards employment through access to learning and training opportunities.
The fund is commissioned through the Employment Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and is a key investment that supports the delivery of the ESIF strategy.
Funded activities must be aimed at individuals unemployed/economically inactive aged 18 years and over from the hardest to reach communities.
The identified disadvantaged priority groups are as follows:
- People with disabilities and health conditions
- Lone parents
- People aged 50 and over
- People from ethnic minorities
Although applications will be considered from any community that can evidence deprivation, for example homeless people and ex-offenders.
How much can you apply for?
Grants of between £5,000 and up to £20,000 are available.
The funding for the project must cover the full programme costs and must not be matched to any other funding sourced. An organisation can re-apply for Community Grants 5 but there is a maximum of £20,000 per organisation in any 12 month period.
How do I apply?
Firstly ensure your organisation is registered as a ‘not for profit organisation’, have 20 or less full time equivalent employees and must not have exceeded a turnover of £1,000,000 (per year), in the last 3 years.
NB: This new programme includes progression outputs that are required to be evidenced within 28 days of them occurring.
Telephone and one-to-one support is available for any queries, we do advise you attend one of our workshops to benefit full and in-depth support to apply.
Click icon(s) to download.
All applications must be completed electronically. Hard copies of all applications and supplementary evidence for Humber and East Riding must be submitted by the deadline, as per guidance to the HLC office.
For York and North Yorkshire please submit to Your Consortium Ltd (YCL), Chain Lane Community Centre, Chain Lane, Knaresborough, HG5 0AS.
New CG5 Application Guidance Information (Microsoft Word document)
New CG5 Application Form (Microsoft Word document)
Deadline for applications is Friday 25th October, 2pm.
Application development workshops
Limited spaces are available for the following workshops, please book early:
- (North Lincolnshire) – Westcliff Community Centre, 7 Newbolt Avenue, Scunthorpe, DN17 1PE – Thursday 3rd October, 10am – 1pm
- (Hull & East Riding) – Centre 88, Saner Street, Hull, HU3 2TR – Friday 4th October, 9.30am – 12.30pm – (THIS IS NOW FULLY BOOKED)
- (Hull & East Riding) – Centre 88, Saner Street, Hull, HU3 2TR – Friday 4th October, 1pm – 4pm
- (North East Lincolnshire) – Centre 4, 17a Wooton Road, Grimsby, DN33 1HE – Monday 7th October, 10am – 1pm
- (Yorks & North Yorkshire) – Your Consortium, Chain Lane Community Centre, Chain Lane, Knaresborough, HG5 0AS – Thursday 26th September, 1.30pm – 4pm