CG Claims and Financial Coordinator
THIS POST IS PART FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN SOCIAL FUND AND THE EDUCATION AND SKILLS FUNDING AGENCY.
Permanent – 14 hours per week
Actual Salary £8034 (part time)
Post based in Hull
Excellent Benefits including 10% employer contribution to company pension scheme and life insurance cover
36 days annual leave including Bank Holidays (pro-rata if part time)
Working hours to promote a healthy work/life balance
Humber Learning Consortium (HLC) is the largest independent community learning provider in the Humber area. Passionate about learning, we work in partnership to change people’s lives through high quality education and training opportunities.
Established in 2001, HLC is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee, which promotes education for the public benefit. We act as a management and quality hub for learning and skills, providing a one-stop-shop so that funders can engage efficiently and effectively with our delivery partners and in particular, voluntary organisations.
This year we will celebrate 15 years as one of the region’s most successful European Social Fund (ESF) learning and skills providers. Our programme portfolio includes Apprenticeships, Traineeships, Community Grants, ESF Springboard Youth Employment Initiative (YEI), Big Lottery Talent Match Humber Project, Building Better Opportunities Programme (BBO), This Ability, and Hull Community Led Local Development (CLLD).
We are committed to the safeguarding of all our staff and learners. HLC follows Safer Recruitment and Selection processes (including DBS checks), based on the principles of deter, reject and prevent, to ensure all our learners are safe. HLC staff are expected to adhere to the staff Code of Conduct at all times.
We are looking for an experienced and committed Claims and Financial coordinator to provide support to the ESF Community Grants programme HLC and its board of trustees.
The post-holder will report to the Community Grants Manager.
For more information about HLC and our programmes, please visit https://www.hlc-vol.org/our-programmes.
Community Grants – an overview
ESF Community Grants are part of the European Social Fund (ESF) programme co financed by the (ESFA) Education and Skills Fund Agency which is distributing £2,000,000 in small grants in the Humber, York and North Yorkshire region. The aim of the fund is to help unemployed people progress toward employment through access to learning opportunities. It provides access to grants of between £5,000 and £20,000 to voluntary and community organisations to have an opportunity to further develop and strengthen their organisations.
Funded activities must be aimed at unemployed individuals aged 18 and over from the hardest to reach communities. The identified priority groups for our region are as follows:
- Disadvantaged geographical areas
- People with disabilities and health conditions
- Lone parents
- People aged 50 and over
- People from ethnic minorities
Please note this role is part-funded by DWP, ESF and Big Lottery. You will be required to complete a timesheet for hours spent working directly on these projects.
Key responsibilities of the CG Claims and Financial Coordinator post-holder
- Provide financial support and guidance in line with ESF requirements to Grant Recipients (GR’s) to assist an acceptable standard of claim prior to submission
- Ensure all necessary supporting evidence is submitted and uploaded correctly to the correct area
- Effectively collate and check GR’s claim information accurately and in a timely manner
- Liaise with GR’s regarding adjustments to minimise errors/ineligible spend
- Contribute to maintaining CG finance filing system and ensure all evidence is audit compliant
- Prepare and upload claims invoices to the regional logs (monthly)
- Work closely with YCL (sub contractor) to ensure compliance with HLC and ESF guidance
- Be aware of the latest ESF updates to ensure HLC comply
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems to aid financial monitoring of the GR’s projects
- Work closely with HLC finance team to ensure work undertaken is to an agreed level of quality and complies with timescales and ESIF guidelines. Contribute to maintaining CG’s finance filing system and ensure all evidence is audit ready
- To maintain financial records in accordance with Data Protection legislation and GDPR principles
CG Administrative Duties
- Attend and support application development workshops for potential new GR’s in line with CG funding rounds
- Assist contract manager to sift/score and moderate new applications in line with CG application guidance
- Work closely with CG team to develop Finance Compliance documentation
- Assist CG Manager to prepare and compile unsuccessful/successful offer letters and contract documentation
- To adhere to and actively promote HLC’s Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post
- Proven experience of working with external funders and compilation of claims
- Experience of collating and recording information effectively
- Experience of working in a busy office
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word and office management software (Excel etc)
- Able to act on own initiative but be a good team worker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Organised, competent and accurate user of ICT
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to deal confidently with a wide range of people and agencies
- Experience of working with a wide range of agencies
- Experience of funded projects, such as ESF
Click to download a PDF version of the Job Specification
Click to download a PDF version of the Job Application